You have already made the first step in deciding to move to Hampton Roads! Now with so many great Cities to choose from, where do you begin? The sandy shores of the Atlantic Ocean inVirginia Beach the vibrant Downtown Norfolk condo lifestyle, family neighborhoods of Norfolk’s Larchmont, West Ghent, Lochaven and Colonial Place, the fabulous suburbs ofChesapeake, the rural community of Suffolk or the historic row homes of Old Towne Portsmouth. Ask Jason E. Dodd, REALTOR which is the right spot for you and your family, based on your search criteria.
Jason E. Dodd, REALTOR, with his extensive knowledge of Hampton Roads, having been a resident and community leader for over 15 years is the best real estate agent to show you around. Email Jason E. Dodd, REALTOR for a tour so you can learn what neighborhood is calling you home!
NORFOLK – www.Norfolk.gov
Norfolk, Virginia, is a City rich in history dating back to 1740. Home to the World’s Largest Naval Base, Norfolk Southern Headquarters, and Dominion Enterprises/Trader Publishing, the economy is booming. There are many neighborhoods from which to choose. The Downtown scene has experienced a renaissance in the past 25 years which has led to the MacArthur Center Mall anchored by Nordstrom and Dillards, Town Point Park located along the manicured banks of the Elizabeth River which boasts weekend festivals, concerts and art shows, and a diverse collection of condominium, lofts, and town homes. Just on the outskirts of Downtown Norfolk, there is the historic neighborhood of Ghent with Victorian architecture, town homes, condos and eclectic boutique shops and eateries. Families love the West Side neighborhoods with their proximity to the Naval Base, Parks, fantastic neighborhood schools and churches. Bounded on the North by the Chesapeake Bay, Norfolk’s own East Beach has beautiful homes reminiscent of Charleston styled houses with wrap around porches and carriage houses with fabulous views of the Chesapeake Bay!
Relocating or transferring to Norfolk?
Email Jason for a tour, and get started on your journey to finding
a home in this incredible waterfront City!
- Population: 238,832
- Climate: 59.3 F Year round average
- Location: Norfolk is in southeastern Virginia, and has Willoughby Bays and Chesapeake Bays to the North, and Virginia Beach to the Southeast.
- Norfolk has a collection of many types of housing such as :
- Modern High-rise condos
- Victorian-style town homes.
- Estate sized homes on the Elizabeth River
- Ranch, and many Cape Cod family style homes near the Norfolk Naval Base
- Education: Norfolk has award winning schools at all levels: Elementary, MIddle and High. The community college system is also located conveniently in Downtown Norfolk
- Industry: Norfolk Southern Corporation, a Fortune 500 Company, is headquartered in Downtown Norfolk, in addition to Dominion Enterprises and over 225 companies also call Norfolk home.
- Healthcare: Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters, and the new Sentara multi million dollar Heart Hospital, and Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Send Jason a quick email and let him know what you are looking for in City living.
PORTSMOUTH – www.portsmouthva.gov
Portsmouth, Virginia, located just a quick ferry ride from Downtown Norfolk, or through one of the two bridge tunnel systems, is a magical city reminiscent of the ante bellum South. Old Towne Portsmouth boasts many Civil War era row houses with charming front porches, window boxes filled with flowers, tree lined streets, all connected with cobblestones streets. Downtown Portsmouth has many shops, restaurants, museums and historical churches, perfect for that lazy Sunday stroll after brunch.
Email Jason E. Dodd, REALTOR for a tour of what is currently available in this cozy quiet town.
- Population: 100,565
- Climate: Year-round average 59.9 F
- Location: Portsmouth is connected with the Route 64 Interstate and is just minutes away from Downtown Norfolk, and the Naval Bases and International Terminals.
- Housing Opportunities:
- Mixed income housing near a waterfront neighborhood close to Downtown Portsmouth
- Historic row houses and town homes in Old Towne Portsmouth
- Estate sized and medium sized family homes on the banks of the Elizabeth River in neighborhoods such as Churchland, Sterling Point, and Water view.
- Downtown condos with priceless views of the Downtown Norfolk skyline across the water, many with boat slips!
- Education: Elementary, Middle and High Schools, all conveniently located to these many diverse neighborhoods.
Email Jason to learn more about Portsmouth.
VIRGINIA BEACH – www.vbgov.com
Virginia Beach is a world class resort City with many different housing opportunities. Whether you are looking for a “place at the beach,” a condo in the new Town Center, a starter home in a quiet neighborhood with great schools close by, you have many of options. The City of Virginia Beach has taken great pride in their city and has developed a “new” downtown in the center of Virginia Beach in the new “Town Center.” Many award winning national stores and restaurants grace Town Center, and many call it “home.” Because of the numerous golf courses, miles of sandy beaches, the National Seashore State Park Grounds, proximity to Naval Bases, and wonderful housing opportunities, many individuals, retirees, and families are settling in Virginia Beach.
Email Jason for a tour of the Beach!
- Population: 425,257
- Climate: 61 F
- Education: Virginia Beach features 55 elementary schools, 15 middle schools and 13 high schools. Virginia Beach also is a part of the Community College System in Hampton Roads, and has other universities within their border as well.
- Location: Virginia Beach is in the southeast corner of the State of Virginia, bounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the east, and Chesapeake Bay to the north.
- Industry: Virginia Beach is home to many professional corporations and large companies such as UNISYS, GEICO, and AVIS. Farming also plays a great part in the Virginia Beach
Email Jason for more information about Virginia Beach. He is glad to help!
CHESAPEAKE – www.chesapeake.va.us
Chesapeake, Virginia, is a true “suburb” of Hampton Roads. Boasting many parks, community centers, proximity to the Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, shopping centers and malls Chesapeake is a favorite of many newcomers. Chesapeake has many neighborhoods for families, retirees, and folks who like the quiet life of a town, with the conveniences of big city amenities “right around the corner”. In addition to many housing opportunities, Chesapeake is home to many festivals and pure family fun with events such as the Chesapeake Jubilee, a festival featuring Country music, games, contests and good times for all.
- Population: 221,282
- Climate: annual average 59.2 degrees
- Location: South of Norfolk and Portsmouth, between Virginia Beach and Suffolk, near the North Carolina border.
- Housing opportunities: The neighborhoods of Las Gaviotas and River Walk have luxury homes and larger sized lots, while the larger neighborhoods of Great Bridge and Deep Creek include a larger selection of home styles and sizes for many families.
- Education: 28 Elementary, 10 Middle Schools and 6 High Schools.
- Industry: Volvo Penta, Canon, Panasonic, Technics and Quasar
- Healthcare: Chesapeake General Hospital has over 400 physicians, with 260 private rooms, a 14-bed ICU facility, a 12-bed women’s unit and a 24-bed mental health center.
Email Jason and see if Chesapeake is calling you home!
SUFFOLK – www.suffolk.va.us
Suffolk is a rural gem in Hampton Roads. Located in the western portion of Hampton Roads, conveniently within the Route 64 Interstate System and Highway 58, Suffolk is a pure “get away” but only 25 minutes to downtown Norfolk. One of Suffolk’s claim to fame is the Planters’ Peanuts Company. This $40-million plus processing facility was founded in 1912 by Italian immigrant Amedeo Obici. Obici now has a hospital named for his family in Suffolk. Suffolk is also making great gains with its state of the art Suffolk Center for the Cultural Arts with headlining acts year round! Boasting many buildings on the national Historic Register, Suffolk knows history! Email Jason E. Dodd, REALTOR for some of the great hidden gems in Suffolk with the many housing opportunities! Whether you are looking for estate sized homes on the banks of the Nansemond River in Riverview, revitalized condos in quaint Downtown Suffolk, a home with a golf course view in Harbor View, or a variety of ranch style homes on large tracts of land with plenty of room to let loose, Suffolk has great opportunities. As a resident of Hampton Roads for over 15 years, Jason E. Dodd, REALTOR knows what you may be looking for.
Email Jason E. Dodd, REALTOR for a quick search of available homes in Suffolk and it will be sent to your desktop instantly! .
- Population: 67,677
- Climate: 52.9 degrees year-round average
- Golf course homes in the resort setting of Harbor View.
- Estate sized lots with homes overlooking the Nansemond River, in Riverview.
- Ranch style homes in neighborhoods with large yards close to schools, shopping and the interstate system.
- Education: 12 Elementary Schools, 6 Middle Schools and 2 High Schools!
Email Jason E. Dodd, REALTOR for some properties that may work for you!